Job site safety is enforced on each and every job and in our warehouse facility. Crutcho partner’s safety programs, inspection processes and job specific safety plans are implemented to ensure the highest standards in safety are met.
Within all of our partner entities, strict adherence to safety policies and procedures is a condition of employment. Supervisory employees must accept, as part of their job description, the responsibility for the prevention of accidents, the safety of workers under their direction, and the enforcement of company safety requirements.
Our Safety Program is overseen by a full-time safety coordinator who is trained in all aspects of construction safety including, but not limited to the following:
- Occupational Safety and Health Standards for the Construction Industry
- Fall Arrest Systems
- Hazardous Materials
- Injury and Illness Recordkeeping
- Cranes and Material Handling
- Fall Protection Requirements of OSHA, ANSI and CSA
- Trainer in Occupational Safety & Health Standards for Construction Industry
- Powered Industrial Lift Truck and Rough Terrain Fork Lifts / Train-the-Trainer
- Aerial Work Platforms (Boom and Scissorlift) / Train-the-Trainer
- Scaffold Erection / Train-the-Trainer
- CERTA Certification / Train-the Trainer
CERTA training shows how proper roof system configuration design and application techniques can result in fire-safe installations. Our safety standards are reviewed and revised each year. This review ensures we provide the safest and most up-to-date working environment for our customers and employees. Prior to the start of all projects, an in-house preconstruction meeting is held with the safety coordinator reviewing the job specific requirements. The foreman on each project turns in a JAH (Job Hazard Analysis) weekly and conducts a Toolbox Safety Meeting each Monday morning with signature verification of attendance. Our safety coordinator randomly checks all jobsites for compliance providing written reports outlining observations. Each foremen and lead man, on every crew, are trained and certified in CPR and First aid. All crane operators are NCCO certified. Field employees have received certification of 10-hr OSHA and CERTA.